Old is gold. I finally found the time to make something traditional for dessert today. This is another fuss free recipe which required just a few ingredients. But because of CB, I had to make do with whatever I have because the queue to enter the supermarket was too long. Again.
Ingredients (Serves 6pax)
- 200g Lotus seeds (aka 莲子）
- Lily bulb (aka 百合) I didn’t have this so I took the ones in my 六味汤 soup pack.
- 4 pandan leaves (tied into a knot)
- 8 Red dates (红枣）
- 15 Dried longans (龙眼干）
- White fungus (I didn’t have this)
- Rock sugar
- Soak the lotus seeds overnight.
- Remove the greenish bulb from the centre of the lotus seed. (The lotus seeds will be bitter if you leave them in)
- Rinse the lily bulb, red dates and dried longan.
- Put everything in the pressure cooker and add in 2 litres of water.
- I used the soup setting and cooked for 40min under the pressure cooker mode.
- Add in desired amount of rock sugar according to your preference.